Connect with us

Entertainment

Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez call off their engagement

mm

Published

on

Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez are going apart in their separate ways.

The duo split has “a few weeks ago,” a source close to the couple told on Friday.

“It doesn’t look like they will get back together,” the source said. Moreover, they added that Rodriguez has been out socializing in recent weeks without Lopez, who is usually by his side.

Also, the media has reached out to reps for Lopez and Rodriguez for comment.

The two were captured together last month in the Dominican Republic, where Lopez is currently shooting a movie. The split news comes after the superstar couple twice postponed their wedding. The 45-year-old former baseball player hinted at the breakup on Instagram as he posted a photo of himself alone on a yacht in Miami, grimacing and staring at his cellphone. “Don’t mind me, just taking a sail-fie,” he posted. “What are your plans for the weekend?”
On Thursday, Lopez posted a video montage of her laughing, writing, “Find a good reason to laugh today.”

Based on anonymous sources, multiple reports based on Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez have called off their two-year engagement. A couple of years ago, the former slugger proposed to the actor after the celebrity couple started dating in early 2017.

The first report for the couple’s breakup was made by New York Post’s Page Six. Moreover, a representative for Lopez did not respond to an email request for comment.

The couple was addressed by the nickname J-Rod, three years ago after they landed on the cover of Vanity Fair magazine. In 2019, Rodriguez said he and Lopez had similar backgrounds and her latest film, “Second Act”, reflected the ties that drew them together.

Amy is a single mother of a baby girl. She writes news as a part-time journalist for multiple news portals. She is an experienced journalist with a master's degree in Journalism.

Trending