The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s much-awaited interview with Oprah Winfrey have broadcasted in the US. They shared their side of the story about life at the Royal Family.
Meghan conversated with Oprah for most of the interview before being accompanied by Prince Harry.
This interview will be aired on ITV on Monday at 21:00 GMT and on ITV Hub.
Main talking points
- Discussions about how dark-skinned Meghan’s baby might be. She said the conversations were with Prince Harry, who conveyed them to her.
- Meghan said she was on the brink of suicide but was denied help. She spoke about how lonely she felt after joining the Royal Family and the loss of her freedom. Her mental health got so worse that she “didn’t want to be alive any more”. “I went to the institution, “one of the most senior people”, and then to the human resource department, and I was told that I couldn’t, that it wouldn’t be suitable for the institution.”
- At the beginning of 2020, Harry said his family cut him off financially. The Spotify and Netflix deals that he and Meghan have struck to make shows and podcasts were never part of the plan but for security. ” I’ve got what my mother left me, and without that, we wouldn’t have been able to do this.”
- But the relationship with the Queen is “really-good”. Harry said he has spoken to her more in the last year – including video calls with Archie – than he has for many years. “She’s my colonel-in-chief, right? She always will be.” Meghan also praised the Queen and said she gave her some beautiful jewellery for the couple’s first joint engagement and shared a blanket with her to keep warm while travelling together.
- And it’s a girl! The couple confirms they’re awaiting a baby girl in the summer. Harry said it was “amazing”, adding: “What more can you ask for?” – but said they would be done after baby number two arrives. Towards the end of the conversation, Oprah asked if Meghan had got her happy ending with Prince Harry after all. “Greater than any fairytale that you’ve ever read,” she exclaimed.
How to Build a Career in Aesthetics: Zara Harutyunyan Shares Her Advice
Lonnie Mayne Helps Leaders Humanize Business and Ignite Human Performance with His Framework, Red Shoes Living
Meet BJØRN, the Rising Versatile Sensation based out of New York
Joy R. Richardson Is Changing The Norms Of Being A Male Model
Real Estate Broker Michael Humphrey—Setting the Standard of Sales for Exclusive Santa Barbara Clientele
Meet The Innovative & High – Impact CEO, Nicholas Cormier
Managing the Pain and Discomfort of Childbirth the Natural Way with Hypnobabies
Entrepreneurship as a Way of Life – Talking with Aidan Ranzieri
Traditional Smart Contracts Just Won’t Cut It For Digital Inheritance, According to Safe Haven CEO. Here’s Why.
Backbencher Now Millionaire Creates Own Niche in America’s Corporate World
Meet Swagg Dinero, the new rapper from Chicago whose popularity is taking huge tides in the music industry
Hollywood Sensation Jewelry-Sterling, Stunning, and Stylish
Meet Christopher Gallop, taking over the world of music like a true blue professional
How Business Presentations Firm Prezentium Puts its Heart into Helping Children Around the World
Alex Perdziola Is the Rising Real Estate Agent Taking Over the Local and Global Real Estate Arena
TMJ Disorders Require a Holistic Treatment Approach
World4 months ago
Experts Share Necessary Precautions To Take When Buying A Used Car
Health1 year ago
Royal CBD Launches New Line of Products to Take Away all the Pain People Suffer
Health7 months ago
The Looming and Unavoidable Women’s Health Crisis
Lifestyle7 months ago
5 Tips on How to Care for Your Clip-in Hair Extensions
Lifestyle3 months ago
Meet Coconut Kitty: Artist, Poet, and Social Media Sensation
Business10 months ago
A Trailblazer For An Entire Industry: How Moyn Islam Is An Entrepreneur That Stands Out From The Crowd
Business1 year ago
Entrepreneur Who Wraps All His Cars In Gold; Just who is Kevin Thobias?
Business1 year ago
Could the cure for Herpes be just what the Doctor ordered for Synergy Pharmaceuticals?